One size doesn’t necessarily fit all when it comes to health insurance. But if you have a group insurance plan, such as through your employer, you have to accept the coverages and deductibles they offer. A personal health insurance plan, on the other hand, lets you pick the coverages that are right for your health needs and that fit your budget.
What Is Personal Health Insurance?
A personal health insurance plan can be anything you need it to be:
* A comprehensive insurance policy to cover you and your entire family long-term.
* A short-term insurance policy to cover you when you are between jobs.
* A supplement to cover gaps in your existing health insurance policy.
Saving on Personal Health Insurance
Personal health insurance plans may be more costly than group plans because you are not sharing the cost with your employee. To help you get the best rate on your personal health insurance plan, follow these tips:
* See if your auto and home insurance company also offers health insurance and if so, whether you can get a discount.
* If you have any bad health habits, such as smoking or obesity, work to break these habits and improve your health.
* Set your deductible as high as you can afford.
Buying Personal Health Insurance
Ready to investigate how personal health insurance can help you? Begin by visiting an insurance comparison website, where you can
* Get quotes for your personal health insurance plan. * Chat with insurance professionals and get answers to all your questions about personal health insurance. (See link below).
To get your quotes, you complete a form with information about yourself and your insurance needs. You then receive quotes from multiple A-rated health insurance companies and can choose the plan that’s best for you.
With a little time spent comparison shopping, you can find the best rate possible for your personal health insurance plan.
Visit or click on the following link to get personal health insurance plan rates from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can also get more insurance tips there.
The authors, Brian Stevens and Stacey Schifferdecker, have spent 30 years in the insurance and finance industries, and have written a number of articles on personal health insurance plans.